Toasted Coconut Oat Bran
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 (14oz.) can light coconut milk
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 cup oat bran
- ¼ tsp salt
- Add the shredded coconut to a dry skillet. Stir and cook over medium-low heat until the coconut is golden brown. Remove it from the warm skillet immediately to stop the cooking, and set it aside.
- Add the can of coconut milk, 1.5 cups of water, oat bran, and ¼ tsp salt to a sauce pot. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- Divide the cooked oat bran between four bowls and top with the toasted coconut. Add the sweetener of your choice, if desired (brown sugar, honey, maple syrup, and jam are all nice), or enjoy as is.