Sriracha Deviled Eggs
- 6 large eggs $1.08
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise $0.25
- 2 Tbsp Sriracha hot sauce $0.17
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder 0.02
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika $0.03
- Pinch of salt $0.01
- Place the uncooked eggs in the bottom of a sauce pot so they are laying in a single layer. Add enough cool water to cover the eggs by one inch. Bring the pot up to a boil over high heat without a lid (about 10 minutes). As soon as it reaches a full, rolling boil, turn the heat off and place a lid on top. Let the eggs sit in the hot water bath with the lid in place for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes pour out the hot water and run cool water over top. If you live in an area that has warmish tap water, add ice to the pot to help cool the eggs down. Cooling the eggs down quickly stops the cooking process and prevents the yolks from turning green or greyish-green.
- After the eggs have cooled significantly (it’s okay if they’re a tad warm), carefully peel away the shells. Cut each egg in half, then scoop the cooked yolks into a bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise, Sriracha, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and a pinch of salt to the bowl with the yolks. Mash the ingredients together until it forms a fairly smooth paste. Taste and adjust the salt if needed.
- Spoon or pipe the Sriracha-yolk paste back into the egg whites where the yolks once sat. Garnish with a drizzle of Sriracha if desired. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.