Spinach Tomato Quesadillas
- ½ lb. frozen cut spinach $0.83
- 2 roma tomatoes $0.81
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese $1.48
- ¼ tsp salt $0.01
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder $0.02
- ½ tsp dried basil $0.05
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 12 small fajita-size flour tortillas $1.89
- Thaw the frozen spinach and squeeze out as much water as possible. Break up the squeezed spinach into small pieces so that it easily mixes with the other ingredients.
- Slice the tops off of the roma tomatoes and squeeze out the liquidy seeds. Dice the remaining tomato flesh.
- Add the squeeze-dried spinach, diced tomato, mozzarella, salt, garlic powder, basil, and some freshly cracked pepper to a bowl. Stir until the ingredients are well combined.
- Heat a dry non-stick skillet over medium flame. Fill each tortilla with about ⅓ cup of the spinach tomato filling. Fold the tortilla in half to close, place it in the skillet, and cook on both sides until golden brown and crispy. Cut the tortilla in half using a knife or pizza cutter, then serve.