Spicy Hoisin Noodle Salad
- 8 oz. whole wheat spaghetti or angel hair pasta $0.99
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce $0.24
- 1 Tbsp sriracha sauce $0.09
- 3 green onions $0.20
- ½ bunch fresh cilantro $0.45
- 1 medium red bell pepper $1.99
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame* $0.82
- ¼ cup unsalted peanuts $0.21
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions (boil 7-10 minutes, or until al dente). Drain the pasta, rinse briefly with cold water to cool it down, then allow it to drain. Toss the pasta every few minutes while you prepare the rest of the salad to help it dry off.
- While waiting for the pasta to cook and drain, prepare the rest of the salad. Slice the green onions, pull the cilantro leaves from the stems (give them a rough chop if desired), dice the red bell pepper, allow the edamame to thaw, and roughly chop the peanuts. In a large bowl combine the green onions, cilantro, bell pepper, edamame, and peanuts.
- In a small bowl, stir together the hoisin sauce and sriracha sauce. Once the pasta is cool and relatively dry (it should feel tacky, not slippery and wet), return the pasta to the cooking pot, pour the sauce over top, and toss to coat.
- Add the sauce coated pasta to the salad bowl and toss with the vegetables until everything is well combined. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat.