Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars Recipe
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips, plus more to top
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt.
- Make a well in the center and add in the melted butter, sugars, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract. Mix until no clumps remain, and the dough is the consistency of traditional cookie dough, being careful not to over-mix. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Cover and refrigerate the cookie dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13 x 9″ baking pan lightly with nonstick spray and press a sheet of parchment paper on top. Spray the parchment paper lightly with nonstick spray.
- Press the cookie dough into an even layer in the pan over the parchment paper. Sprinkle additional chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the top and edges harden slightly and turn golden, but the center is still soft. Remove from the oven and let cool entirely in the pan, about 1 hour.
- Lift the parchment paper out of the pan and cut the cooked pumpkin cookie slab into bars.
- Serve, or store in an airtight container.