Pumpkin Cheesecake with Sugar Cookie Crust
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/4 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
Heat oven to 350°F. Remove 1/2 cup cookie dough from roll; wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for another use. Cut remaining cookie dough into 3/4-inch slices; press in bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of ungreased 9-inch springform pan.
In medium bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar with electric mixer on low speed just until smooth and creamy; do not overbeat. Beat in eggs just until blended. Add pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour into cookie crust, spreading to cover edge of crust.
Bake 42 to 46 minutes or until center is set. Cool 1 hour; run knife carefully around side of pan. Refrigerate at least 2 hours until chilled.
To serve, top each slice with a dollop of whipped topping. Sprinkle whipped topping with additional pumpkin pie spice, if desired.