Spiderweb Chocolate Tart Recipe
Crust and Filling
- 1 1/2 cups oreo crumbs
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp milk
- 6 oz Cool Whip (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 oz semi sweet chocolate chips (a little more than 1/2 cup)
White Chocolate Ganache
- 1 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 2 oz white chocolate chips (a little more than 1/4 cup)
- 4-5 oz orange wilton candy melts, plus additional for spider bodies
- handful of chocolate chips, for eyes
1. In a medium bowl, combine the Oreo crumbs and melted butter.
2. Press the crumbs into the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar, cocoa, vanilla extract and milk. Beat until smooth.
4. Fold in the Cool Whip.
5. Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly on top of the crust.
6. To make the chocolate ganache, combine the heavy cream and chocolate chips in a bowl and heat on 15 second intervals, stirring between, until melted. Pour ganache over tart filling and spread evenly.
7. To make the white chocolate ganache, combine the heavy cream and white chocolate chips in a bowl and heat on 15 second intervals, sitting between, until melted. Put ganache into a piping bag with a small round tip (or a ziplock bag with a corner cut off) and starting from the center of the tart, pipe a spiral from the middle of the tart out to the outside edge.
8. Use a toothpick to draw the lines, starting in the center of the tart and pulling outward to the edge. I made 8 lines.
9. To make the spiders, melt the orange candy melts and place into a piping bag with a small round tip (I used a Wilton 4). You could also use a ziplock bag with a corner cut off. Pipe the legs in the shape of an “L”. You’ll need 6 legs per spider, for about 4 or 5 spiders
10. Once the legs are made and cooled, set out 4 or 5 circle candy melts for the bodies. Working with one leg at a time, pipe a small dot of melted orange candy melt onto the side of the body and place a leg is position. Hold it in place for about 30 seconds, or until you can take your hand away and it stays in place. Add 3 legs to each side of the body.
11. To make the eyes, microwave the chocolate chips on 10 second intervals, stirring between, and pipe the eyes onto the bodies.
12. Refrigerate until ready to serve.