Twix Thumbprint Cookies Recipe
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered Swerve Sweetener
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Half a recipe of Low Carb Caramel Sauce (feel free to make a whole recipe and save the rest for another use! It’s delicious over ice cream)
- 1 1/2 ounces Lily’s Sugar-Free Milk Chocolate (can use dark if you prefer)
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone liner.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, beat butter with sweetener until well combined and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla extract. Beat in almond flour mixture until well incorporated.
- Form dough into scant 1 inch balls and place two inches apart on prepared baking sheet. You will get 24 to 28 cookies. Press each ball down to about 1/2 inch high. Using your thumb, press an indentation into the center of each cookie.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until just barely browning around the edges (They will still be very soft but will continue to firm up as they cool). Gently reform center well with your thumb or the end of a wooden spoon while cookies are still warm. Let cool completely.
- Once cool, make caramel sauce. Let cool a few minutes so that it’s not too liquidy, then spoon into the well of each cookie until full. Let set a few minutes.
- For the chocolate drizzle, place chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl. Cook on high in 30 second increments, stirring in between until melted and smooth.
- Spoon chocolate into a small ziploc bag and snip off the very tip of one corner. Drizzle over cookies and let set 20 minutes.