Mango Thai Red Curry With Chicken Recipe
- 1 tbsp oil (vegetable, canola, grape seed)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp ginger, minced (not critical)
- ½ – 1 tsp red chilli, minced (Optional. I used 1 tsp.)
- 1 small onion, sliced (brown, white, yellow) or 3 eschallots
- 1.2lb / 600g chicken thigh fillets (or breast), cut into bite size pieces
- 4 – 5 tbsp Thai Red Curry Paste (Note 1)
- 1 can (400ml/13oz) coconut milk (full fat is better but low fat is ok too)
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 1 cup mango puree, preferably fresh (1 large mango) (Note 2)
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- Jasmine rice
- Coriander/cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges
- Fresh red chili, sliced
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add garlic, ginger, chilli (if using) and onion and saute until the onion is starting to soften.
- Add chicken and cook until white all over but still raw inside.
- Add curry paste and saute for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add coconut milk and chicken broth. Bring to simmer, stirring to dissolve the curry paste into the liquid. Then add the mango, fish sauce and kaffir lime leaves.
- Turn heat down to medium and simmer for 12 – 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thickened. Adjust saltiness using fish sauce.
- Serve over jasmine rice, garnished with coriander/cilantro, wedges of lime and slices of red chilli, if desired.