Fish Tacos with Cumin Lime Slaw
- 8 small corn tortillas $0.32
- 2 white fish filets (about ⅔ lb. total)* $2.66
- 2 tsp mild chili powder blend $0.20
- salt $0.05
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed $0.50
- ½ batch Cumin Lime Coleslaw $1.50
- ¼ bunch fresh cilantro (optional) $0.23
- Toast the tortillas in a dry skillet over medium heat until golden brown on each side (2-3 minutes per side). Stack the tortillas and cover with a clean cloth to help them stay warm.
- Season the fish with a generous dusting of chili powder and a sprinkle of salt on each side. Cut each filet into four equal portions (if using smaller filets, just make sure you have 8 similar sized pieces).
- Preheat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the fish filets and cook for about five minutes on each side or until they are opaque, white, and firm all the way through.
- Top each toasted tortilla with a piece of fish, and sprinkle of corn kernels, a small handful of Cumin Lime slaw, and some fresh cilantro leaves if desired.