Curry Roasted Carrots
- 1 lb. carrots $1.09
- 1 Tbsp olive oil $0.16
- ½ Tbsp curry powder (hot or mild) $0.15
- ¼ tsp salt $0.02
- Handful fresh cilantro (optional) $0.20
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil. Peel the carrots and cut off the rough ends. Slice the carrots on a diagonal, into ¼” thick slices.
- Place the carrot slices in a bowl, drizzle with olive oil, then sprinkle the curry powder and salt. Toss the carrots until they’re evenly coated in oil and spices.
- Spread the carrots out over the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Make sure they’re not piled on top of one another. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes, stirring once half way through. Serve warm with a handful of freshly chopped cilantro over top.