Creamy Spinach and Potato Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- 1½ tablespoon olive oil, divided
- ½ cup diced yellow onions
- 8 ounces raw 99% lean ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 3 ounces fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup fat free milk
- ⅔ cup grated raw potatoes, without skin
- ½ cup shredded low moisture Mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease a small 3-cup casserole dish or ovenproof skillet with nonstick spray.
- Heat ½ tablespoon olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add the onions and saute for 5 minutes or until soft and fragrant. Add the turkey, chili powder, and onion powder. Brown the meat until fully cooked and crumbled. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to the pan and reduce the heat to medium low. Add the garlic and sage. Saute for 2-3 minutes. Add the spinach and stir until wilted, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and milk. Add the cooked turkey, spinach, potatoes, and Mozzarella cheese. Stir until combined. Transfer to the casserole dish. Top with the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the casserole springs back when touched. Season with salt and pepper to taste.