Cinnamon Pecan Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, optional
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped or your choice of nuts
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray 9×9 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray and sprinkle with a light dusting of flour onto the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar, cinnamon, and chopped pecans together to make pecan mixture. Set aside.
- Using an electric or stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar.
- Add beaten eggs and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together baking soda, flour, and baking powder. Add dry ingredients to mixture and combine.
- Add sour cream and mix until combined.
- Place half of the batter into prepared pan and sprinkle the top of the batter with half of the pecan mixture. Add remaining batter to pecan mixture and sprinkle the remaining pecan mixture on top of batter.
- Use a knife to swirl the top of the batter. Bake for 40 minutes. Using a sifter, sprinkle the top of the coffee cake with powdered sugar. Let cool completely before cutting into squares.