Cinnamon Apple Syrup Recipe
- 3 tart apples, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 ½ teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a saucepan, combine all of the syrup ingredients except for the apples. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar and melt butter.
- Boil for 1 minute then reduce heat to medium and add apples. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until apples are desired tenderness. Depending on how much moisture your apples release, you may need to stir in an additional tablespoon or so of water to reach desired consistency.
- Serve over pancakes, waffles, French toast, oatmeal or ice cream.