Buffalo Popcorn Chicken
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken breasts, pounded thin, cut into 1″ pieces
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/4 cups panko breadrumbs
- 1/2 cup fine cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Buffalo Egg Wash
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup Frank’s Hot WINGS Sauce (not their regular hot sauce)*
Creamy Honey Buffalo Dip
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (I use light)
- 1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- A couple dashes – 1 teaspoon Frank’s Hot WINGS Sauce
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Place a baking rack on top of the foil and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Add flour to a large freezer bag. Mix together Panko Breading ingredients in a separate large freezer bag (or separate large bowl). In a large bowl, whisk together 2 eggs and 1/4 cup hot sauce.
- Add chicken to flour mixture and toss until coated. Dip chicken in egg/buffalo sauce mixture and let any excess drip off before placing in bag with Panko Breading. Toss with breading until well coated, pressing breading into chicken through the bag.
- Line chicken on the baking rack, and lightly spray with cooking spray. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and golden. Broil to desired crispiness.
- Meanwhile, make the Creamy Honey Buffalo Dip by whisking all the ingredients together except the hot sauce. After chicken is done, taste a piece to decide how spicy you want to make the dip and proceed to add hot sauce. (I use a full teaspoon and it is hot how I like it 🙂 Start popping!