Brown Sugar Fudge Recipe
- 1‑1/2 cups white granulated sugar
- 1‑1/2 cups whipping cream
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1¼ tablespoon light corn syrup
- ¼ cup real unsalted butter + a few tablespoon
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Butter an 8×8 square pan. Then butter the sides of a heavy large saucepan. Add cream, both sugars and corn syrup in the buttered saucepan. Heat over medium, stirring contsantly until sugar dissolves and comes to a boil. Add candy thermometer. Cook over medium heat until mixture reaches soft ball stage (238°F).
- While that is cooking slice your butter into thin slices. Once the mixture reaches the soft ball stage take pot off of heat. Add sliced of butter on top of hot mixture and do not stir.
- Let sit for 10 minutes. Then add in white chocolate chips and nuts (optional). Mix together until white chocolate is melted and mixture is nice, thick and smooth. Pour mixture into 8 inch pan. Cool in refrigerator until firm. Slice into cubes and enjoy. Store in refrigerator.