Balsamic Chicken Thighs
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil $0.32
- 2 cloves garlic $0.16
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar $0.80
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar $0.04
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce $0.10
- Freshly cracked black pepper $0.10
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs $2.40
- Fresh parsley for garnish (optional) $0.25
- Mince the garlic and combine it in a bowl with the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce, and a healthy dose of freshly cracked pepper (about 20 cranks of a pepper mill). Place the chicken thighs in a shallow dish or heavy duty zip top bag and pour the marinade over top. Marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for 1 to 8 hours. (You can do this before you leave for work in the morning.)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Pour the chicken and marinade into a baking dish. Place the chicken in the oven and bake for 45 minutes. Use a spoon or baster to bathe the chicken with the juices from the bottom of the dish once or twice during baking.
- Remove the chicken from the oven after 45 minutes and sprinkle a handful of freshly chopped parsley over top.