Baja Tuna Melt Cups
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 24 squares of sharp cheddar cheese cut to fit muffin cups up to 1/4″ thick
- nonstick cooking spray
Wonton Cup Filling
- 1 4 oz. can StarKist® Albacore Tuna, drained
- 1 cup sweet corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 4 oz. can green chilies
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- dash – 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
Easy Broccoli Mango Slaw
- 2 cups prepared broccoli slaw
- 1 mango, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- sour cream
- fresh lime
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Spray the wells of 2 12-count muffin tins with non-stick spray. Press a wonton wrapper into each well and bake for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add all of the Wonton Filling ingredients EXCEPT the red bell peppers and garlic and cook for 3 minutes then add red bell pepper and garlic and cook an additional 2 minutes. Taste and additional cayenne, salt, pepper to taste.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of filling into each wrapper and top with a slice of cheese. Bake an additional 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted and wonton wrappers are crispy.
- Meanwhile, add all of the Mango Broccoli Slaw ingredients to a medium bowl and toss to combine.
- Top baked Baja Tuna Melt Cups with Mango Broccoli Slaw, sour cream and any additional garnishes.
- Best served warm.